Peanut butta, chocolate, oatmeal, and bananas- breakfast doesn’t get much better than this my friends.
This is such an easy and healthy way to satisfy a craving for a “carby”, sweet breakfast and without scarfing down a plate of pancakes or waffles. I accidentally bough dark-chocolate covered cacao nibs at Trader Joes instead of regular cacao nibs, but after trying them, I am not even a little sad about it! So good, and the perfect addition to this breakfast bake:
1 ripe medium banana, cut in half
1/4 cup almond milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp old fashioned oats
2 Tbsp Kodiak Cakes Protein Pancake Mix (or regular flour)
1/4 tsp baking powder
Dash of salt
1 Tbsp cacao nibs (or chocolate chips)
1/2 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put half the banana in a small bowl and mash it until fairly smooth. Add almond milk and vanilla, stir, and set aside.
- Combine oats, kodiak cakes mix, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl and stir to mix. Add banana and almond milk mixture to the bowl and mix thoroughly. Stir in cacao nibs.
- Grease a ramekin and pour batter into it.
- Bake in oven for approximately 25 minutes, or until the center is set.
- While the oatmeal bake is cooking, mash the other half of the banana in a bowl and stir in honey and peanut butter. Add a splash of almond milk to create a thinner, “sauce-like” consistency.
- When oatmeal bake is done, remove from ramekin and place in a bowl. Top with banana-peanut butter sauce and additional cacao nibs if desired.